Although a blocked sink or drain can be frustrating, it doesn’t necessarily mean you need to call a plumber. These home remedies can be used before calling a professional.
Boil Water Down The Drain
Boiling water is a powerful tool that can be used to clean up your drains. Hot water can loosen clogs and get your drain flowing once again.
- Heat the water in a kettle to boil.
- Slowly pour the water down the drain, in multiple stages. Wait between each pour to allow the hot water to work its way through the blockage.
- Continue this process until the drain stops flowing
Use a Coat Hanger
You may be able, if the clog is near the drain opening you can use a coat hanger to loosen it.
- Straighten a wire coat hanger
- To make a small hook, bend one end.
- It will be guided through the drain cover
Use the wire hanger to grab something. Then gently lift it up. There will likely be globular hair hanging from the end.
Use a Drain Snake
The clog may be further down the drain if the coat hanger fails to work. A drain snake can be used to reach the clog. To dislodge drains, plumbers use this method.
- You can unwind the cable and feed it down the drain until the obstruction is gone.
- Move the head gently until it grabs the clump. Then, slowly reel it in.
Combine Baking Soda and Vinegar
Baking soda and vinegar create a fizzy reaction which helps to break down stubborn buildup in your pipes. It is best to use this as a preventative measure. However, it can sometimes work after the fact.
- Mix 1/3 cup vinegar with 1/3 cup baking soda
- It’s immediate so drain it quickly
- Let it sit for an hour before flushing with hot water.
This post was written by Joey Denick. Joey is the Owner and Operator of Clog Kings. At Clog Kings, LLC, we pride ourselves on our dedication and efficiency. We know you don’t have time to waste. That’s why we work fast to get your home or commercial building back up and running in no time. If you are looking for plumbers in St.Petersburg FL then look no further because we got you covered! Click Here to learn more.
Emergency blocked drains Henley services are provided by the experts to help you with your blocked drains. Whether it is a sink, toilet, bathtub or shower, they will be able to help you.