Concrete slabs are required for driveways, pavements, flooring and many other needs, and getting the work done requires a good contractor. In this post, we will talk about the process of hiring the right contractor for the job, but before that, let’s understand what it takes to pour a concrete slab.
The steps involved
The first obvious step in pouring a concrete slab is related to leveling the surface. In some cases, manual tools are involved, while specialized equipment might need needed, as well. The next step is to place the steel rebar, which helps in adding strength to the concrete flooring and will add to its life. Inspectors on the job will take the adequate steps to ensure that the level and other aspects are in sync with the project requirements. Next, the mixed concrete is poured on the area, with help of trucks, and this step must be done as quickly as possible to get the work right. Finally, the concrete is leveled to right kind of finish and smoothness.
Getting the right contractor
- The simplest idea is to ask for references. You can check with friends and neighbors to find the best contractor for concrete slabs in your area, or else, just check online to get listings. Check for reviews from other customers, as well.
- Make sure that the contractor is licensed, insured and is a locally owned company. A number of fake companies often take contracts for home maintenance and concrete slabs, only to sell the contracts to a third party for a small commission.
- Ask for an estimate. You cannot assign the job to someone, unless you are sure of what they charge. Take a moment to read the terms and conditions related to the estimate and their services, so that you avoid the hidden charges.
- Don’t forget to check for warranty. For new concrete slab construction and certain repair jobs, you may get a warranty on the product, which is something worth checking. However, this largely depends on the nature of the job.
- Ask for references. If a company claims to be the best in business or you selected a service online, you need to know if they can do the work as expected. By taking client references, you can test the market reputation of the company in a better way.
Check online now to find the options and discuss the work process in detail!